Australian Student Visa

Australian Student Visa


Australian Student Visa ( allows you to study and work in Australia throughout the duration of your course. Australian student visa working hours are 40 hours per fortnight during your studies and full-time during your college breaks. This visa requires students to study on campus and has strict regulations about modes of study. Student visas are also granted on the understanding that students will have the financial ability to meet tuition and living costs while in Australia.



Visa Renewals

Students may apply for a further student visa while in Australia, provided the current student visa is not subject to a ‘no further stay’ condition. Students need to apply for a new visa before their current student visa expires. For those students wishing to find out more about extending their stay, refer to Department of Home Affairs (



Student Visa Conditions


All student visas granted are subject to a number of conditions. While studying in Australia, students are required to comply with these conditions. All students should be familiar with their visa label which outlines the visa conditions.

  • Students cannot work more than 20 hours per week.
  • No work limits apply during recognized periods of vacation offered by your education provider.
  • Students cannot undertake work until they have commenced their courses in Australia.
  • Students must maintain satisfactory attendance in their program, and make satisfactory academic progress in each study period.
  • Students must maintain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) during your stay in Australia.

Students must remain in the education sector that matches your student visa and you must continue to have sufficient financial capacity to support your study and stay in Australia.



Change of Provider


Most student visas are granted with the ‘No Change of Provider’ condition. In general, a student is expected to stay at the CRICOS provider at which they were originally registered. Specifically, it means that an international student must stay with their course provider for at least the first 6 months of their principal course. If the student is enrolled in a package of courses, they must stay with the institute for the length of the prerequisite courses, and then the first 6 months of the main course.


For students requesting to transfer prior to completing six months of their principal course, the College is entitled to determine the circumstances in which it will provide or refuse to release together with the evidence it may require to make such a decision. Those students with a student visa from a previous education provider must notify Department of Home Affairs of their change of provider.