SIT60316 – Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior managers who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with specialised managerial skills and substantial knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate with significant autonomy and are responsible for making strategic business management decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector and for a diversity of employers including restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops.
Academic: Completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent
English (International Students):
IELTS 5.5 or higher with a minimum score of 5.0 in each band OR
Equivalent TOEFL (46), PTE (42), Upper Intermediate or EAP
Age: Must be 18 years of age on commencement
A pre-enrolment session will be conducted to identify course suitability. All students will be required to sit the Contempo College language, literacy, and numeracy assessment.
Credit Transfer (CT) or Recognition Prior Learning (RPL)
You may be eligible to apply for Credit Transfer (CT) and/or Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) at application if you have previously studied at another Registered Training Organisation in Australia and have successfully achieved competency. Evidence of study must be submitted at the application to Contempo College.
Aims & Outcomes
This course is aimed at
- Equipping students with advanced skills and knowledge to work and operate in the hospitality industry in a managerial role
- Equipping students with a range of competencies covering broad operational areas in a hospitality environment
- Upskilling existing hospitality workers
- Providing a pathway to higher education qualifications and learning
- 320 hours of supervised assessment activities such as demonstrations, practicals, written assessments, exams/tests, case studies, projects, role play, and project presentations including assessments, roleplays, presentations, demonstration, and projects/assignments (min 4 hours pw x 80 weeks) – (4 hours out of 20 scheduled hours)
- 240 hours of unsupervised practice, research, writing, preparation of presentations etc., and unit specific tasks including preparation of workplace-based assessment activities and submission documents (3 hours pw x 80 weeks)
Suggested pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- Completion of a certificate level qualification within the SIT training package.
Pathways from the qualification:
After achieving SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management, individuals could progress to higher education qualifications in management.
Mode of Delivery
Face-to-Face: Classroom and kitchen-based commercial cookery environment.
No other modes offered. Student must attend minimum 20 hours per week.
This course is delivered over a period of two (2) years. The course duration is:
- 104 Weeks of Course duration consisting of:
- 80 Weeks of scheduled study/tuition (8 terms of 10 weeks each)
- 24 Weeks of scheduled breaks/holidays (including pre-training and completion activities)
Manage diversity in the workplace
Manage finances within a budget
Research and comply with regulatory requirements
Manage operational plan
Develop and manage quality customer service practices
Prepare and monitor budgets
Lead and manage people
Establish and conduct business relationships
Monitor work operations
Monitor staff performance
Recruit, select and induct staff
Manage physical assets
Develop and implement marketing strategies
Develop and implement a business plan
Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
Use hygienic practices for food safety
Coordinate cooking operations**
Enhance customer service experience
Design and produce complex spreadsheets
Design and produce business documents
Develop, implement and monitor the use of social media in a business
Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
Manage business risk
Assess marketing opportunities
Manage innovation and continuous improvement
Write complex documents
Source and use information on the hospitality industry