BSB80120 – Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning)
This course is aimed at developing highly specialised knowledge and skills in in the field of organisational learning and capability development.
Individuals in these roles generate and evaluate complex ideas. They also initiate, design, and execute major learning and development functions within an organisation. Typically, they would have full responsibility and accountability for the personal output and work of others.
This qualification may apply to leaders and managers in an organisation where learning is used to build organisational capability.
This qualification may provide academic credits into master’s level qualifications, e.g., Master of Education or related degrees.
- Completed a diploma, advanced diploma, bachelor’s degree, or higher, or
- Have 3 years’ demonstrated experience in roles such as organisational learning and capability development, leadership and education.
In addition to the above, candidates must have:
- Demonstrated an IELTS test score of 6.0 or higher or, demonstrated equivalent English level scores (e.g., PTE, TOEFL, EAP, CAE etc.)
- Demonstrated successful completion of an advanced Level of English (General or Academic)
- Have successfully completed year 12 or equivalent
- Demonstrated they are at least 18 years of age on or prior to the course commencement date.
Credit Transfer (CT) or Recognition Prior Learning (RPL)
You may be eligible to apply for Credit Transfer (CT) and/or Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) at application if you have previously studied at another Registered Training Organisation in Australia and have successfully achieved competency. Evidence of study must be submitted at the application to Contempo College.
Aims and Outcomes
Graduates of this qualification will be able to develop high-level skills and knowledge in strategic management and leadership, allowing career progression to senior and management job roles within broad industry sectors. Graduates will;
- Demonstrate the self-directed development and achievement of broad and/ or highly specialised areas of knowledge and skills building on prior knowledge and skills;
- Initiate, analyse, design, plan, execute and evaluate major functions either broad and/ or highly specialised within highly varied and/or highly specialised contexts (management)
- Providing a pathway to further qualifications and learning
- 160 hours of supervised assessment activities such as demonstrations, practicals, written assessments, exams/tests, case studies, projects, role play, and project presentations including assessments, roleplays, presentations, demonstration, and projects/assignments (min 4 hours pw x 40 weeks)
- 160 hours of unsupervised practice, research, writing, preparation of presentations etc., and unit specific tasks including preparation of submission documents/work (4 hours pw x 40 weeks)
Expected entry into this program includes candidates with;
- Undergraduate degree
- Graduate Certificate
- Advanced Diploma in business or management with at least 3 year’s demonstrable senior level experience
On successful completion of BSB80120 Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning) students can progress to;
- A range of master’s degree courses in the areas of education, business administration, management, or related fields.
Mode of Delivery
Face to Face, classroom-based delivery. All units are delivered and assessed in the instructor-led face to face classroom mode.
No other modes offered. Student must attend minimum 20 hours per week.
This course is delivered over a period of one (1) year. The course duration is:
- 104 Weeks of Course duration consisting of:
- 80 Weeks of scheduled study/tuition (8 terms of 10 weeks each)
- 24 Weeks of scheduled breaks/holidays (6 breaks of 2 weeks and 6 weeks of Christmas break)
Contribute to the development of learning and development strategies
Lead strategic transformation
Implement improved learning practice
Develop and implement business plans
Lead innovative thinking and practice
Facilitate knowledge management
Lead and Manage organisational change
Manage innovation and continuous improvement