SIT60322 – Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
CRICOS Course Code: 110562F
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior managers who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with specialised managerial skills and substantial knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate with significant autonomy and are responsible for making strategic business management decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector and for a diversity of employers including restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for acquiring targeted skills in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
Academic: Completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent
English (International Students):
IELTS 5.5 or higher with a minimum score of 5.0 in each band OR equivalent TOEFL , PTE or EAP
Age: Must be 18 years of age on commencement
|Application Fee:||AU$$250 (Non-refundable)|
***All students must have their own laptop and software.
Credit Transfer (CT) or Recognition Prior Learning (RPL)
You may be eligible to apply for Credit Transfer (CT) and/or Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) at application if you have previously studied at another Registered Training Organisation in Australia and have successfully achieved competency. Evidence of study must be submitted at the application to Contempo College.
Aims & Outcomes
This course is aimed at
- Equipping students with advanced skills and knowledge to work and operate in the hospitality industry in a managerial role
- Equipping students with a range of competencies covering broad operational areas in a hospitality environment
- Upskilling existing hospitality workers
- Providing a pathway to higher education qualifications and learning
The amount of assessment hours required for this qualification is broken down into the course delivery modes/methods below. The number of hours allocated for summative assessments activities are detailed as follows:
- 320 hours of supervised assessment activities such as demonstrations, practicals, written assessments, exams/tests, case studies, projects, role play, and project presentations including assessments, roleplays, presentations, demonstration, and projects/assignments (min 4 hours pw x 80 weeks) – (4 hours out of 20 scheduled hours)
- 240 hours of unsupervised practice, research, writing, preparation of presentations etc., and unit specific tasks including preparation of workplace-based assessment activities and submission documents (3 hours pw x 80 weeks).
The total Amount of Assessment for this qualification is therefore: 560 Hours:
Note: The amount of assessment for students with credits (e.g., progressing students) would vary. The amount of assessment for students with approved credits will, therefore, be proportionate to the total number of weeks/durations allocated as part to their enrolments. For example, amount of assessment for students progressing from SIT40521 with all applicable credits will be based on two terms equivalent (without the work placement requirement).
Suggested pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- Completion of a certificate level qualification within the SIT training package.
Pathways from the qualification:
After achieving SIT60322 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management, individuals could progress to higher education qualifications in management.
Mode of Delivery
Face-to-Face: Classroom and kitchen-based commercial cookery environment.
No other modes offered. Student must attend minimum 20 hours per week.
Delivered in a face-to-face mode in a classroom environment supported by a purpose-built on-campus training kitchen. All students will have access a purpose-built training kitchen facility. Where needed, a simulated environment will be created in classroom and kitchen to resemble real-life work practices, activities, and challenges; and to prepare the students to effectively transition to work after completion.
This course is delivered over a period of two (2) years. The course duration is:
- 104 Weeks of Course duration consisting of:
- 80 Weeks of scheduled study/tuition (8 terms of 10 weeks each)
- 24 Weeks of scheduled breaks/holidays (including pre-training and completion activities)
Contempo Students Progressing from SIT40522
The course duration will be one (1) year (with credits applied)
- 52 Weeks of Course duration consisting of:
- 40 Weeks of scheduled study/tuition (4 terms of 10 weeks each)
- 12 Weeks of scheduled breaks/holidays (including pre-training and completion activities)
1. A minimum of 20 contact hours per week of study/tuition have been scheduled by Contempo College – to ensure students meet their student study visa conditions
2. The course duration may vary for students who have been granted credits or RPL towards this course (e.g., students having completed any units in a previous course/qualification).
Course Structure and Unit of Competency
To attain SIT60322 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management 33 units must be achieved:
14 core units; and
19 elective units
Core Units Food and Beverage Stream
Manage finances within a budget
Lead and manage people
Monitor work operations
Develop and manage quality customer service practices
Prepare and monitor budgets
Identify and manage legal risks and comply with law
Establish and conduct business relationships
Recruit, select and induct staff
Monitor staff performance
Elective Units Food and Beverage Stream
Use hygienic practices for food safety - Elective
Work effectively in hospitality service - Elective
Provide visitor information - Elective C
Provide responsible service of alcohol - Elective C
Operate the bar - Elective C*
Prepare and serve cocktails - Elective C*
Prepare and serve espresso coffee - Elective C*
Plan and monitor espresso coffee service - Elective C
Participate in safe food handling practices -Elective C
Develop and implement a food safety program - Elective C*
Purchase goods - Elective C
Control stock - Elective C
Source and use information on the hospitality industry - Elective C*
Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks - Elective D
Manage conflict - Elective D
Roster staff - Elective D
Lead diversity and inclusion - Elective D
Core Units Cookery pathway
800 hours of Credits to be Granted to Contempo Students Progressing from SIT40521 and/or SIT50422. Accordingly, their CoEs will be amended for the course duration – (1 year equivalent).
Contempo students progressing from SIT40521 and/or SIT50422 (fully completed with the above 28 units attained) will need to complete the following 7 units in this course.
Manage organisational finances
Develop and implement business plans
Manage physical assets
Develop and implement marketing strategies
Establish and maintain work health and safety system
Elective Unit Cookery Pathway
Manage business operational plans - Elective D
Manage business risk - Elective D
For more details on qualification and packaging rule, refer: https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/SIT60322